Thursday 29 September 2016

Patches and Puppies

Welcome to this week's TGIFF link party. Your chance to celebrate that great feeling which comes with finishing a project or two!


Regular readers will know that recently I have been stitching away for the gorgeous new man in my life and today's finish is no exception :)

I mentioned last month that I had been trying out a New to Me method of constructing nine patch blocks courtesy of Generations Quilt Patterns and this is what they were destined for.

Doggy Delight Quilt top

I found the delightful doggy fabric at the closing down sale of a LQS before our move and knew instantly that it would be perfect for a quilt for that new little man. I couldn't make up my mind how to use it until a fellow quilter recently suggested intersecting fussy cut blocks with co-ordinating nine patch blocks and that light bulb went off in my head!

With only 1m of the doggy fabric it was a real brain teaser making sure that I had enough fussy cut blocks without having to resort to blocks of half a dog here and there, but thankfully it all worked out in the end without any poor half-cut pooches making up the numbers :)

I have some lovely linen in similar colours that I am thinking of using for the back but that is another day's work.


Now it is your turn to link up your fabulous finishes, grab that button and include a link back to the TGIFF party in your post so your readers can find us and join the party too!





Of course if your finish is Christmas themed don't forget to head on over to Sandra Sews :) for this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew link party. There is a great novelty purse pattern up for grabs for one lucky linker :)

13 comments:

  1. Very cute finish! I love the puppy fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a delightful quilt for your little man off to check out how you did the nine patch blocks anything to make life easier is right for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yu have a very nice quilt and the doggy fabric is fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet quilt. The layout is really great for including detailed prints and still keeping a clear, structured look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful quilt, Fiona, and one that he won't outgrow for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puppy Park! I have been hoarding a fat quarter or two and a whole layer cake of this dog fabric for a dog quilt for myself! He will love this as he gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaaaaaaah what a sweet line of fabric - adorable puppers! Adorable quilt - the fabrics and blocks work very well together - the little guy will look adorable snuggled up in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My doggies bark when they get excited.... RUFF RUFFF! Very cute. Happy snuggle time with your little one. Grandchildren make me want to sew! Janita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination of nine patch and fussy cutting

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful way to use your metre of fabric. He is a very lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Fiona! Perfect combination of the nine patch and the doggy fabric. Lucy baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt top is adorable! Looks like your grandson will have a whole pile of quilts before he evan goes to school)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting TGIFF! Your quilt is lovely. Perfect use of the dog fabric! What do you have planned next for him? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...